Sunday, October 28, 2007

Firestarter chart

I love the Firestarter sock but apparently I am an idiot so I have to have the chart written out and can't cable without a cable needle. Davina helped (a lot) me write it out so it would be easier for me so I am posting written out instructions with the use of a cable needle. Row 1 is a set up row and the same as row 2. Each section should have a ktbl before and after it.

RT - slip 1 st to back, k next stitch on left needle tbl, p1 from cable needle

RC - slip 1 st to back, k next stitch on left needle tbl, k st on cable needle tbl

LT - slip 1 st to front, p next st on left needle, k st on cable needle tbl

LC - slip 1 st to front, k next stitch on left needle tbl, k st on cable needle tbl

Row 2: p1, k1 tbl, p1, k2 tbl, p1, k1tbl, p1

Row 3: as Row 2

Row 4: p1, k1tbl, p1, RC, p1, k1tbl, p1

Row 5: as Row 2

Row 6: p1, LT, k2tbl, RT, p1

Row 7: p2, LC, RC, p2

Row 8: p1, RT, RC, LT, p1

2 comments:

Knitting Bandit said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I follwed your instructions to a "T" and finally finished my Firestarters! I think without your words I would have thrown in the towel.

Arctic Knitter said...

thank you sooooo much! I just about burned this pattern as I couldn't get the cables to work properly w/o dropping a stitch. I think I'll go give these a try now. Thanks!!!